I’m trying out something new. Occasionally, probably about 2 times per month, I am planning to write a post of random things… thoughts, likes, news, music, food, etc. It’s just a way to share a little of my life with you and you can share back! Tell me what you think! Leave a comment. Or two. I’m not quite sure what I’m calling this type of post yet, but for now…
…lets chat over a Saturday Coffee Break!
1. Are you a Taylor Swift fan? I haven’t followed her much in the past, but I am totally loving her lately. Her latest songs make me feel all 16 years old again. I’m talking about that dancing-in-your-room, hopeful, sweet-everlasting-summer, I’m-young-with-the-whole-world-ahead-of-me, and the-world-is-a-beautiful-place kind of feeling. I’m probably too old for this, but I don’t get that feeling too often anymore. I would probably be blasting her music through the house all summer long, but I don’t think my Metallica-loving hubby would be able to handle it! Well, one more reason to go to the gym -> workout playlist that no one can hear but me! Here’s my current favorite:
2. WONUTS!! Hello? Have you heard of these little things? They are so warm, soft, melt-in-your-mouth-but-just-a-little-bit-crispy, lightly sweet, and just oh-so-sinfully-good treats that Jason and I discovered at the Farmers Market last weekend. So what is a wonut? Well, it’s a freshly made lightly sweet waffle that is then fried like a donut. Wonut. Soooo good.
I had something similar about 15 years ago when I was in Copenhagen and I remember being blown away by these sweet little treats. They had street vendors all over the place that sold these little waffles, hot from the griddle, with a crispy slightly sweet crust. No butter or syrup required. It felt so cozy to eat a warm little treat like that right out of your hand, while walking through the blustery streets of Copenhagen. I have never forgotten it. I may have to go back someday… just for a lovely street waffle. But until then… Wonuts, baby!
3. Fourth of July was dampened this year… not by rain… but by the banning of all fireworks in the entire area (due directly, in fact, to the complete lack of rain around here). I’ll be honest – I felt pouty, like a spoiled child, to be robbed of my yearly fireworks show, which is practically the pinnacle of all things summer to me.
4. Have you discovered TED talks? I’m not sure where I have been for the past, umm… 30 years!! But, somehow I just now discovered TED talks, and I’m seriously hooked. I blazed through about 10 talks on outer space one night, and I’m telling you, my heart was beating a little faster and my mind was zinging a little bit, and I felt the excitement of learning new things, understanding more of our world, and marveling at those who are exploring the outer edges of human knowledge and experience. What can I say – I am a nerd. I love this stuff.
5. These stunning pictures. Summer in a glass bowl. I made this, too – and it’s delish!
6. Five years ago this weekend, I married the love of my life on a beautiful summer day under the towering trees. He is still my one love, his blue eyes still twinkle at me, and he still makes my heart beat faster when he smiles at me. Most of all, he is my home. Here’s to another wonderful 5 years of life’s adventures together (and hopefully many more after that!)
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can’t help falling in love with you