While this breakfast skillet is everything you could want for a warm, hearty and filling start to your day, I, for one, am never awake early enough to actually make this for breakfast. Thus, the greatest thing ever… breakfast for dinner.
Now if you are lucky enough to be an early riser, with time to actually cook breakfast, then I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy this recipe too. This recipe is super easy, with a lot of basic ingredients that you likely have around already. And while it is a down-home, cozy, no-frills recipe, the combination of ingredients all sauteed together just works wonders. Beware, you will want to eat more than you should….
This breakfast skillet combines the simple ingredients of eggs, ham, cheese, hash browns, and onion. While all of these ingredients are pretty delicious in their own right, together the flavors blend into a harmonious savory breakfast dish that is undeniably yummy. I love to pair this with some fresh strawberries, my all-time favorite scones, and some fresh OJ for a complete meal.
So, I’ve just planned your winning dinner menu for tomorrow night…. you’re welcome. 🙂 Enjoy!
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh chives
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the potatoes, chopped ham and onion. Saute for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Add to the skillet; cook stirring occasionally until the eggs are set.
- Remove skillet from the heat and gently stir in cheese. Spoon onto a serving platter and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home.