Happy Saturday! Let’s have some coffee… 1. We did this yesterday. I mean, wow. I cannot believe I live here. Well, not here exactly, but near to this gorgeousness. As in, less than a 30 minute drive to see this. This is a view of Glacier National Park from the top of Whitefish Mountain. I’ve never been to the summit before, and now I’m wondering why? Well, probably because I don’t really ski… but it’s summer now, so you can just ride the ski lift to the top for fun and then ride it right back down again. Best thing ever!
2. It is perfect late July weather right now. Long, sunny days with that summer heat that feels just a little heavy, making everything feel lazy and slow. It feels like summer will go on forever and fall is a million miles away. Every evening is perfect for a walk and some ice cream melting in my bowl while I’m sitting on the deck enjoying a cooling breeze on my neck and twilight foreeeever.
3. Speaking of ice cream… this is why I
want need an ice cream maker. Now! Before summer is over…
4. We have a garden this year for the first time. Just a little patio garden, but I am ridiculously excited to check every day for new veggies growing from my very own plants! I am also becoming ridiculously scared about managing to use up all those veggies before they go rotten. I need a plan… like every meal must have zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. And I should try canning! Brilliant! But, umm… wait – I have no idea how to do that, and no supplies. Me -> freaking out.
5. Dido. My all time favorite artist. Forever. This song is not one of her most famous, but it brings back memories of sweet summer, sand between my toes, and new love.
6. Are we alone? The Fermi Paradox. This is a long read, but so worth it. I love this stuff.
7. The perfect, summer, take-me-away scent.
8. And… this amazing and inspiring video of our home planet Earth. Humans have accomplished some pretty incredible things to be able to see the world this way. Rediscover your wonder of the world. Watch it… maybe twice. You won’t regret it.