Hey there, I’m Laura! Welcome to my cozy little corner of the internet, where I share some of my favorite recipes with you, little tidbits of life, and practice my food photography skills. I’m so glad you’re here!
I am a northern girl at heart that loves to explore the world, having lived in all 4 corners of the United States, and even spending 9 months across the world in Afghanistan. I grew up in North Dakota, my true home, which I love and will miss forever. I currently reside in stunning Montana with my husband, where we are trying to learn how to live the mountain lifestyle (i.e. hiking, skiing, fishing, camping)!
Other bits about me:
- I love dogs, but we don’t have one… yet. We had a beautiful, sweet Sheltie when I was growing up, and I was in love.
- I play the french horn and the piano. Music is heaven.
- I am proud to be a Physician Assistant. The human body is amazing and I could learn about it forever and not get bored. Physician Assistants are awesome and I believe they are essential for the future of health care in our country. To learn more about this amazing career, check out the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
- I love to run. Well, I love to run so I can eat dessert. And, I guess it also makes me feel amazing (at least when I am in shape….) and it’s a great way to see all the nooks and crannies of where you live.
- I was an officer in the Navy for 11 years and I was deployed to Kunar Province, Afghanistan for 9 months. My husband was in the Marines for 9 years and deployed multiple times to Iraq and Afghanistan. I value our military and our veterans. Only those of us who have served truly understand the risks, the hard work, the sacrifices, the honor, the courage, the fear, and the family.
- The world is an amazing place and I want to see it all. Well… a lot of it, anyway. Now, if I just had endless funds for travel….
I am seriously and unavoidably in love with good food. I am not, however, an indiscriminate food lover. In fact, I’ve been known to pick at food that doesn’t meet my standards… hey, it’s just not worth the calories to eat something that isn’t great. But, give me some truly good food and I will devour it with gusto! My goal is to share with you only recipes that qualify as really good food; food that is worth the energy to make it and the calories to eat it. You will find all kinds of delicious recipes here, from healthy salads, to indulgent sweets.
Most of my recipes are made fully from scratch, using wholesome, natural ingredients whenever possible. I try to keep things seasonal and local, while avoiding most prepackaged and processed foods, although this is still a work in progress. While I often make adjustments to a recipe to make it more healthy, I will never make substitutions that sacrifice the taste or quality of the final product. Most of my recipes are family-friendly and very approachable. I love sweets and baked goods, while my husband loves anything ‘meaty, saucy, and cheesy’, so you will find a wide variety of recipes here! I believe in a well-balanced diet and that all foods can be enjoyed, in moderation.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Feel free to Contact Me, or sign up to get my posts in your e-mail box!